Sesame seeds are oily seeds widely used worldwide. They come in both white and black varieties and are used in many recipes. Sesame seeds are also used to make sesame oil and tahini.
Sesame seeds are rich in healthy fats, protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The minerals they contain, such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc, are important for various bodily functions, including bone health, the immune system, and energy production. Additionally, sesame seeds may help protect heart health and reduce the risk of cancer due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Sesame seeds can be used in various recipes. They are a common ingredient in dishes like sesame chicken, salads, and appetizers. Sesame seeds can also be roasted and enjoyed as a snack. Here's a recipe for Sesame Chicken:
Sesame Chicken Recipe:
4 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Cut the chicken breasts into cubes.
2. In a bowl, mix sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic powder, and ginger powder.
3. Add the chicken to the mixture and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. In a pan, toast the sesame seeds until golden brown.
5. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook until fully cooked.
6. Transfer the sesame chicken to a serving plate and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy!