Isot, a variety of pepper, is grown mainly in the southeastern region of Turkey, particularly in Şanlıurfa and Harran. It is known for its red color, unique aroma, and spiciness. After harvesting, isot peppers are dried in the sun and ground into a spice. Isot pepper is commonly used in regional dishes, such as Urfa kebab, and plays a significant role in enhancing their flavor.
Isot pepper has several health benefits. Due to its efficient capsaicin content, isot pepper can boost metabolism and aid in weight loss by promoting fat burning. Additionally, its antioxidants help protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals, delaying the aging process. Isot pepper also has a blood sugar-regulating effect, offering protective benefits against diabetes.
Here's a delicious recipe using isot pepper:
Isot Pepper Chicken Sauté Ingredients:
- 500 grams of chicken breast, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of isot pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
1. Dice the chicken breast and marinate it with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the chicken pieces until they turn golden brown.
3. Add the finely chopped onions to the pan with the sautéed chicken and continue to cook until the onions are translucent.
4. Once the onions are cooked, add the green peppers and garlic, and sauté for a few more minutes.
5. Finally, add the tomatoes and isot pepper, and stir well.
6. Allow everything to cook for a few more minutes and serve. You can serve it with rice or bread if desired. Enjoy your meal!