Pistachios for Halva, a small-sized green pistachio variety from the pistachio family, are particularly grown in the Gaziantep region and hold significant importance in Turkish cuisine. Pistachios for Halva not only provide a delightful crunch but also offer numerous health benefits.
Pistachios for Halva are a rich source of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Their high content of vitamin E and antioxidants provides protection against cell membrane damage, delaying the aging process. Additionally, they assist in maintaining heart health by reducing low-density lipoprotein (LDL) levels. Pistachios for Halva are also a rich source of iron, potassium, and B vitamins, contributing to a well-rounded diet.
Pistachios for Halva are used in various ways in Turkish cuisine. They are most commonly featured in Turkish desserts such as "pistachio halva." Additionally, they can be used in various cookie, pasta, and cake recipes. Pistachios for Halva make an excellent choice for savory snacks as well. For example, they can be served with salads or alongside sauces like hummus or avocado dip.
Here's a simple and delicious recipe using pistachios for Halva:
Pistachio Tahini Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup of pistachios for Halva
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Lightly roast the pistachios for Halva in a pan and then grind them in a food processor.
3. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, powdered sugar, vegetable oil, and tahini.
4. Add the ground pistachios for Halva to the mixture and knead until it forms a dough.
5. Break the dough into walnut-sized pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and enjoy!