Mint is a plant species belonging to the Lamiaceae family and is commonly used in both fresh and dried forms in various cuisines, beverages, and desserts. Mint is a popular spice known for its refreshing aroma and taste, making it a staple in kitchens. It is also used for medicinal purposes. Mint oil, thanks to its menthol content, is used to alleviate sore throats and provide relief from respiratory issues.
Mint offers several benefits to the body. It is used to ease digestive discomfort and can be helpful in reducing stomach tension, gas, and cramps. Additionally, it can be used to alleviate headaches, reduce stress, and relieve anxiety. Mint is also rich in antioxidants and possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help protect against cell damage.
Mint can be used in many recipes, especially fresh mint, which can be added to salads, appetizers, and soups. It is also used in desserts like mint lemonade, mint tea, and mint cake. Here is a recipe for minty chicken soup:
500 grams of chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic
4 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of cream
1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a pot and add the chopped onion. Sauté the onions until they turn pink.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
3. Add the chicken pieces and sauté until they are cooked through.
4. Reduce the heat and add the cream to the pot. Stir well.
5. Add the mint leaves and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve hot.