Ginger powder is a spice obtained by drying and grinding the roots of ginger. Both fresh ginger and ginger powder are widely used in Asian cuisine in various dishes and desserts. Ginger powder also offers several health benefits. Its antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, and minerals contribute to a range of positive effects.
Ginger powder may help alleviate nausea, making it beneficial for individuals experiencing morning sickness, motion sickness, or nausea due to other reasons. Additionally, ginger powder can combat inflammation and its associated symptoms. Therefore, it is often used by people with inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Ginger powder is also known to aid digestion and relieve symptoms of cold. Its therapeutic properties can provide relief and support the immune system. Ginger powder may also benefit heart health. Its antioxidant properties can help regulate heart disease risk factors and blood sugar levels.
Recipe for Ginger Carrot Soup:
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon ginger powder
3 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Peel and dice the carrots.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
3. In a pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onions until they turn translucent.
4. Add the garlic and sauté for a few more minutes.
5. Add the carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the ginger powder.
7. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
9. Blend the soup until smooth using a blender or an immersion blender.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.