Cumin is the seeds of a plant belonging to the Apiaceae family. It is cultivated in the Mediterranean region and used as a spice in cooking. Additionally, cumin has a history dating back at least 5000 years, and its usage extends to medicinal purposes as well. Cumin seeds are small, oval-shaped, brown in color, and have a strong aroma.
Cumin has many expressions for the body, especially for digestive system health. Cumin can facilitate digestion, reducing gas and bloating. Furthermore, cumin provides support for the health of cells by possessing antibacterial properties. Cumin also has antioxidant properties, protecting cell walls from the harmful effects of free radicals. Other benefits of cumin include its analgesic properties, blood sugar control, anti-inflammatory effects, and support for the immune system.
Here's a delicious cumin-infused chicken recipe:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
1. Dice the chicken breasts into small cubes.
2. Grate the garlic and fresh ginger.
3. Heat a large skillet with olive oil until hot. Add the grated garlic and ginger to the skillet and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add the diced chicken to the skillet and sauté until lightly browned.
5. Add cumin, ground black pepper, salt, and black pepper to the skillet, and mix with the chicken.
6. Pour in the chicken broth and simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Finish the cooking process, and you can serve the chicken mixture.
Enjoy your meal!