Allspice powder is a blend of cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. This spice blend is commonly used in desserts and cakes but can also be used to enhance the flavor of certain dishes. Allspice powder is a high-nutrient spice blend with many health benefits.
Allspice powder protects the body from the harmful effects of free radicals thanks to its potent antioxidants. Additionally, allspice powder has carminative properties, aiding in digestion and promoting stomach health. It also possesses anti-inflammatory and antiseptic qualities, making it effective against inflammatory conditions and infections.
Allspice powder may also aid in weight loss by boosting metabolism. Its components have been linked to reducing blood sugar levels and insulin resistance. Therefore, individuals at risk of diabetes are advised to incorporate allspice powder into their regular diet.
Recipe for Allspice Cake:
1.5 cups of flour
1 tablespoon allspice powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) and grease a cake pan.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, allspice powder, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat.
5. Add the milk and mix.
6. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir.
7. Add the baking soda and mix.
8. Fold in the walnuts.
9. Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
10. Once the cake is done, enjoy the aroma, and let it cool to room temperature.